Sunday, August 06, 2006


On Our Way!

Yep, it is true! As I write this blog entry, I am sitting on the floor of the aiport in San Salvador, El Salvador. At 5:30 this morning, we left Belleville with my parents, and headed to the airport in T.O. I find it difficult to be coherent at that time of the day, so I didn't enjoy my usual ritual of walking around the rooms of my parent's house one last time, savouring the view of the Bay Bridge, all those sappy things that usual accompany my exits from the country. But, of course, we did follow one or two rituals - a final stop at Tim Horton's for Dave, holding our breath as they weigher our slightly overweight luggage, a security guard telling my parents to stop taking pictures, a few tears as we say good-bye. It was definitely easier this time though, as my parents booked their tickets to come visit us at Christmas last night. Anyone who wants to come visit sometime, let us know! We are all about visitors!

In a couple of hours, we board our flight to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. We will be picked up their by a Honduran couple who run a B&B in the town. Most people try to avoid driving at night, so David (the Director of the English program at my school) will come and pick us up on Sunday morning. It will probably take a couple of hours to drive from San Pedro to Siguatepeque. Once we get there, it is straight to Ken and Sue's place - we are looking forward to the reunion and familiar faces! Right now, the plan is to stay with them for the first bit, while we figure out exactly where we will live, how we will get around, etc. We packed our bike helmets, as that's the primary mode of transportation in Honduras, and the camp owns a few mountain bikes we can use.

That's about it from here for now. I've posted some shots of our Canadian summer on our Shutterfly site, so check them out at www.daveandesther.shutterfly.com There is a bit of a cottage theme going on, but we did spend as much time as we could there, especially during the recent heat wave! We will try to put up some pictures of our new surroundings as soon as we can.

Hasta Luego!

Dave and Esther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home