Monday, February 05, 2007

We Made It!

Yes, we're here and surviving the freezing cold! All those Canadians who kept telling us it was a "mild" winter - you're crazy :) Just kidding - we know that the snow came just in time for our arrival. It is pretty cool to be here and experiencing a Canadian winter at its best. Tons of snow and freezing cold!

Today we spent some serious time walking around downtown Kingston, and it was wonderful. No matter where we live in the world, I will always love coming back and walking Princess - Sleepless Goat, Indigo, Copper Penny, White Mountain (though definitely no ice cream this trip!). For those fellow past-Kingstonians/Queen's alumni, I hope it brings back all those pleasant feelings for you as well. I am actually writing this in one of my old haunts - Coffee and Co at Division and Johnson. I used to live just a few houses down, and would often come here to "do work". I was about as productive then as I am being now - I have always been an expert procrastinator. Sadly, the other house I lived in while at Queen's, 286 Earl St, is gone! They've torn it, and most of the block, down to prepare to build the Queen's Centre. I am excited about the development, and it is definitely needed, but it is a bit sad. I remember the Earl Girls talking about how we would come back in 20 years, knock on the door, and tell the new inhabitants how we used to live there - oh, those were the days :)

We aren't just spending all our time strolling down memory lane though. We shared a bit at Next this morning, and we have our first presentation at Queen's tomorrow! Pretty excited to be back at West Campus, though it will definitely be a bit weird to be on the opposite side of things. I've already spoken to 3 interested Teacher Candidates though about teaching in Honduras next year, so that's pretty exciting! Keep praying!

We've also launched our new school website - www.ceehonduras.com I am pretty excited, though it still needs a lot of work. It is actually a template from the company my brother works for - www.osmnetworks.com or www.crossspot.com , so it is really easy to set up. My brother gave me a little tutorial this week - he's the best :)

All right, I'll try to update again, and get some pics of this white wonderland up! We've been taking lots to show everyone when we get back to Honduras. I don't think my students really believed me when I told them how cold it was going to be - now we have proof!

3 Comments:

At 2:19 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

I love Kingston too, what a lot of memories and great places to visit! Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.

 
At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Nancy A said...

Dave & Esther- thanks for the gift of Honduras coffee. Your mom brought it over this morning, red-cheeked and puffing great clouds of frost. Shane is sipping it as we speak and says it's lovely.

So, what is it -- +30 down there now? But, ah, it must be nice to just slow back down to a tropical pace again...

Cheers
N.

 
At 7:52 p.m., Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1204
michael kors online outlet
wedding dresses
michael kors handbags
uggs on sale
ugg clearance
tods shoes
bottega veneta outlet online
uggs outlet
links of london uk
replica watches
nike shoes
arizona cardinals
mont blanc
lululemon outlet store
miami dolphins
basketball shoes
cleveland cavaliers
michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
michael kors outlet online
salomon speedcross 3
abercrombie fitch
iphone cases
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton uk
nike huarache
woolrich clothing
celine outlet online
ralph lauren,ralph lauren uk,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren polo
oakley outlet online
tory burch sandals
indianapolis colts
soccer jerseys,cheap soccer jerseys,cheap soccer jerseys for sale,soccer jersey,usa soccer jersey,football jerseys
ugg boots

 

Post a Comment

<< Home